Small Business Grant of $ 2,000 for each additional employee you have employed since 1 July 2015.
Have you increased the number of your employees in your Small Business since 1 July 2015? If so, you can apply for a Small Business Grant of $ 2,000 for your business, per additional employee; the grant is then paid to your business after the new employee’s first anniversary date of employment. This grant is available for new jobs created from 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2019.
To apply for the grant, you need to register online within 60 days after employment commences.
At present OSR is allowing the registration to be backdated to 01/07/15 and have not placed a time frame for this discretion in accepting late applications, however they have stated this can be withdrawn in the near future, so take advantage of this grant by applying before the ability to back date your registration is removed.
Who is eligible?
- A job that increased your number of full time employees in NSW
- Employer with an ABN
- Not liable for payroll tax
- Employment starts on or after 1 July 2015
- Employment must be maintained for one year, and the vacancy does not exceed 30 days when employing a replacement in that role.
- The employee works wholly or mainly in NSW.
How to apply
- Register online within 60 days after the employment commences at www.osr.nsw.gov.au
- Provide the new employee details:
- Date of birth
- Start date
- Calculate NSW FTE (pay period prior to new employee starting) – details can be found on the OSR website to assist in this calculation. This grant is pro-rated for part-time and casual jobs.
- Provide EFT details
Phone: 1300 241 869
Mary Khalil – Bookkeeper and Xero Certified Advisor
Mary joined Fitzpatrick Group in 2013. She has attained her bookkeeping qualification and has worked in accounts administration and bookkeeping for over 20 years.
Mary is a qualified Xero one on one trainer and advisor, with over 20 years’ experience in accounts administration and bookkeeping.