The Jobkeeper extension 2 will run from 4 January 2021 to 28 March 2021.
Are you eligible?
- To receive the extension payments you will need to show your actual GST turnover has declined in the December 2020 quarter relative to a comparable period (generally the December 2019 quarter).
- You need to have satisfied the original decline in turnover test, however, if you were entitled to receive JobKeeper for fortnights before 28 September, you have already satisfied the original decline in turnover test
If are enrolling in JobKeeper for the first time from 28 September 2020, and you satisfy the actual decline in turnover test, you will also satisfy the original decline in turnover test and you can enrol on that basis.
- If you were not eligible for JobKeeper extension 1 you can still be eligible for JobKeeper extension 2.
What do you need to do?
- Complete the Decline in Turnover Test through the ATO Business Portal by 31 January 2021.
- Report your ongoing monthly turnover by the 14th day of each month.
- Ensure your eligible employees are paid the required amounts at a minimum:
– $1,000 per fortnight for tier 1 employees
– $650 per fortnight for tier 2 employees
What are the payment rates of JobKeeper extension 2?
The rates of the JobKeeper payment in this extension period are:
- Tier 1: $1,000 per fortnight (before tax)
- Tier 2: $650 per fortnight (before tax)
If you have any questions about JobKeeper payments and your business, please contact us on 1300 780 191 or email email@example.com
Check out another recent blog in this category.